36) Printing Press

Hand Press in Working Order

36)  Printing Press

Pictured is a Treadle Platen Press by H.S Gropper & Co Nottingham. It was purchased in 1948 by Mr R. M Loutit for the Moruya Commercial Printery. The hand press has been fully restored by a volunteer retired printer.

Rural Press donated the original printing press and newspaper folder used by the Moruya Newspaper to the Original Gold Rush Colony in 1999. The Printing press is a Static Display HTB supplied by R Collier & Co Printer Outfitters of Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane and Perth.

Static displays include a Collies Paragon Press, Proof plates of text and advertising plates, a roller, and frames

A wide range of cases of lead and wooden letterpress in their frames,is in easily accessible storage, and could be used in printing lessons.

As a counter-point to the Caucasian print, Koori Artist Norma Peterson has a display of her dot painting work in the building.