What You And Your Students Need To Know About Day Excursions
The following is a short information sheet, covering what to bring & expectations of student behaviour etc., to help you plan a school excursion to the Gold Rush Colony in Mogo. If you need any further information on planning your trip to this award-winning South Coast NSW educational facility, please contact us.
What To Bring For A Day Excursion
Students will need to bring the following with them for their excursion to the Gold Rush Colony:
- Recess and Lunch (unless otherwise arranged with the schools coordinator)
- Insect repellant, sun block and a hat.
- Wet weather clothes and suitable footwear as uneven surfaces prevail at the Gold Rush Colony.
Optional Extras For Students
- Some money as the Gold Rush Colony has its own souvenir shop from which to purchase mementos of their visit.
- A camera.
Students must be supervised by their school at all times in and around the Gold Rush Colony.
The following are all everyday features of the Gold Rush Colony:
- Unfenced dams
- Uneven surfaces. Pathways are gravel and can be rough. There must be no running.
- Native flora and fauna abound, as the Gold Rush Colony nestles in the State Forest.
The Gold Rush Colony - Culture and Environment
The Gold Rush Colony is a private venture and receives no government funding. Its ethos is to save an important part of our local Australian history for the benefit of all its future visitors.
In order to protect the environment of the Gold Rush Colony we request that:
- All visiting students behave in a manner that does not detract from the rights of other people staying at, or visiting the Gold Rush Colony.
- Our pet Geese, Ducks, Chickens, Guinea and Pea Fowl are left in peace to feel safe in their home without the danger of being chased.
- All litter is placed in the bins provided around the park and that it is not allowed to blow around the grounds.
- Everyone tries to conserve water whenever possible by not leaving taps running.
- No gravel, rocks or Quartz is removed, taken from its position or thrown.
- No artifact or item within the Gold Rush Colony is removed, taken from its position or climbed on.
- All visiting students behave in a manner that does not cause any damage to the Gold Rush Colony property.
- Any damage to the Gold Rush Colony is made good by the visiting School.
Please note that students must be under Teacher Supervision at all times.